Welcome to the NOVA-Antiques Blog

NOVA-Antiques is the Mid Atlantic website for all things antique and collectible. Our website features antique & collectibles dealers, shops & malls; Flea Market Directory & Reviews; Monthly Antiques Show Calendar; Estate & Tag Sales Page; and our NOVA-Antiques Newsletter, which contains news, articles and information about the antiques & collectibles market. NOVA-Antiques Blog is an extension of our Newsletters.

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Lee Maxwell's Antique Washing Machine Museum

Today as I was walking into my garage, I passed the laundry room where my wife was complaining about all the wash she had to do. This gave me pause and I thought, well what would happen if she lived in my mom’s time? My mom talked all the time about having to walk to the river in the old country not only carrying the baskets of clothes to wash, but my older brother and sisters as well. My mother continued by saying that the way they got the clothes clean was by pounding them against the rocks.

Washing machines weren’t invented until the mid 1800’s and no one knows more about antique washing machines than Lee Maxwell from Colorado. Mr. Maxwell has a collection of more than a thousand antique and vintage machines that he has accumulated from trips he has made scouring the countryside. The Guinness Book of World Records has authenticated his collection as the largest in the world.

NOVA-Antiques Newsletter Archives – April 6, 2006 . . . .

1 comment:

Anna Schafer said...

My mother continued by saying that the way they got the clothes clean was by pounding them against the rocks.bosch washer repair